Newsbox Rotator is a newsbox plugin for CMSimple.
- Unlimited number of rotating news in the same box
- Many rotation effects based on jQuery plugins cycles and easing.
- Integration to Page_params plugins "Published" option (not published news are not visible in Newsbox Rotator box).
- Switch to next news on page change (requires cookies).
- Rotations pauses when the mouse is held over Newsbox Rotator area
- Scheduling of each news (trough Page_params plugin).
Table of Content
- License and purchase
- Known problems
- Future development
Commercial/Remove Link License
To order Newsbox Rotator please read and accept License Conditions and fill the form with your e-mail and the adress of the website where you will use this plugin.Price 40,00 €.
A Linkware version of Newsbox Rotator can be downloadet by non commercial users or for test purpose below. By downloading this plugin you agree licensing terms for Linkware plugins.
Download and uncompress newsrotator.zip
Upload the entire newsrotator directory to your "plugins" directory.
To activate insert <?php echo newsrotator();?> in the file template.htm on the spot where you want the Newsbox Rotator to be visible.
From version 2 NewsboxRotator can also be deployed on single pages: #CMSimple $output.=newsrotator();#
In this case you may not use it in the template.
Newsbox Rotator works in a similar manner as CMSimple's newsbox. You must create one or more hidden pages containing word "newsbox" in the title, for example Newsboxes or Newsbox_Party etc. If you change content of newsbox_name in plugin configuration you must use this name instead.
All newsboxes must have some content, otherwise a blank news will be a part of rotation.
- newsbox name: default = newsbox. Pages to be used as input to Newsbox Rotator must include this value in the page title.
- cursor mouseover: Newsbox rotation pauses when the cursor is inside of Newsbox Rotators area and rotation continues when the cursor is moved outside. It's possible to change cursor shape in plugin configuration by changing the value of "cursor mouseover". The default value is "wait". It can be changed to any other cursor property.
- cleartype: 1
- delay: 0 (do not change, reserved future use)
- easing: for values refer to easing plugin for jQuery. If specified the following option easeIn and easeOut are disabled
- easeIn: easing for "in" transition
- easeOut: easing for "out" transition
- fx: you may specify one or more values delimited by comma.
Values: blindX, blindY, blindZ, cover, curtainX, curtainY, fade, fadeZoom, growX, growY, scrollUp, scrollDown, scrollLeft, scrollRight, scrollHorz, scrollVert, shuffle, slideX, slideY, toss, turnUp, turnDown, turnLeft, turnRight, uncover, wipe, zoom.
Furthermore there are two standalone options: "all" and "none".
Visit cycles site for detailed effects descriptions and demos
- fx parm: additional parameters for some effect and custom transitions.
- randomizeEffects: valid when multiple effects are used; true to make the effect sequence random. Values: true/false or 1/0.
- speed: defines the number of milliseconds it will take to transition from one slide to the next.
If specified then options speedIn and speedOut are disabled.
- speedIn: time in milliseconds for "in" transition
- speedOut: time in milliseconds for "out" transition
- timeout: specifies how many milliseconds will elapse between the start of each transition. Timeout must be equal or greater than 2 x speed or the sum of speedIn and speedOut.
- sync: controls whether the slide transitions occur simultaneously. The default is true which means that the current slide transitions out as the next slide transitions in. By setting the sync option to false you can get some interesting twists on your transitions but some of transitions doesn't work at all and some of them looks odd.
- time: Newsbox Rotator uses GMT Time. You can insert a time correction to your local time zone her. Values are -12 to 12. In addition, the clock is automatically updated on the servers that support DST. This option is reserved scheduling.
News Rotator supports Page-params plugin included in CMSimple XH. Not published pages will not be shown in Newsbox Rotator box. Hidden pages are displayed. Scheduledd pages are only visible in publidshed period
The News Rotator was tested with CMSimple_XH v. 1.6.7 and is php 7 ready.
- Removed limitation where Newsbox Rotator pages should be located between the first two level 1 headers. Be careful not to create pages with titles that contain the same text as defined in the configuration variable newsbox_name.
- Bug fix
- php 7 ready
- integration to cmsimplemobile plugin (concerned files: index.php and stylesheet.css)
- work around a bug introduced by ck editor in CMSimple_XH 1.5 and 1.5.1.
- changed id's "newsrotator_content" and "newsrotator_content_first" to classes according to w3c recommendations. (concerned files: index.php and stylesheet.css)
version 1.0 released November 2008.
Use with jQuery 1.9.x requires use of appropriate jQuery Migrate addon.
Multiple Newsbox Rotators in the same template and pages.
Slovak by Tata
German by cmb
This CMSimple plugin is distributed in the hope that it will be useful - without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of fitnes for a particualr purpose.
© simpleSolutions 2008 -2011.